Sponsor shout out – Big thank you to all of the families out there that have been supporting Rise & Grind. Thank you for not only helping to sponsor our recovery radio show but more importantly for helping to give a voice to the ones that we have lost or for those that are still struggling today. Anyone else that wants to support these efforts, please contact us now. We need your help sponsoring this show. Together our voices are stronger!
This weeks interview is with Mario, National Outreach Coordinator for Generation Found
Key Topics of Discussion:
- Mario discusses why he is passionate about recovery, music, and the human race.
- The Anonymous People
- Facing Addiction
- Generation Found
“Addiction is an insidious, “hidden” public health crisis, directly impacting over 45 million Americans. In truth, everyone knows someone who is or was afflicted by addiction. Yet, unlike every other major health issue in America, there is no comprehensive, well-funded national organization that exists to address the addiction crisis.” – Jim Hood, Facing Addiction
- In the first half, Anthony, invites national recovery advocate, Mario Diurno into the studio to talk about how amazing the past 3 years have been in complete sobriety.
- What keeps you moving? Mario tells us his “why” and explains what long-term recovery has helped him to give back & how that is changing lives all across America.
- What is your inspiration? Human connection is everything. Whether it is serving others or connecting with other passionate people, Mario shares how leaders & friends like Greg Williams have helped to change his life forever.
- Who are The Anonymous People? Studio discussion on the feature documentary film, The Anonymous People, which is about the over 23 million Americans living in long-term recovery from addiction to alcohol and other drugs. For more information visit: manyfaces1voice.org
- How is the U.S. ‘Facing Addiction’? Studio discussion on national advocacy efforts like the Concert To Face Addiction which featured passionate and unforgettable performances from Joe Walsh, Steven Tyler, Sheryl Crow, Jason Isbell, The Fray, Jonathan Butler, John Rzeznik and Tommy Sims, with special messages from President Obama, Sir Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr.
- In late September, public television affiliates across the country began airing a one-hour special of the historic concert at the UNITE to Face Addiction Rally that took place on the National Mall last October 4. The never-before-seen special will run through the month of October–and beyond–to celebrate the one-year anniversary of the birth of the Facing Addiction movement. UNITE to Face Addiction brought together for the first time ever iconic names in the music industry to raise awareness surrounding America’s addiction crisis.
- Join the movement, share your story, donate to their cause, watch the concert, and take action at:www.facingaddiction.org
In the second half….
- Mario digs deep and shares why he is so passionate to help save the lives of our next generation & why he needs your help.
- What is ‘Generation Found’? From the creators of the groundbreaking film, THE ANONYMOUS PEOPLE, comes GENERATION FOUND, a powerful story about one community coming together to ignite a youth addiction recovery revolution in their hometown. Devastated by an epidemic of addiction, Houston faced the reality of burying and locking up its young people at an alarming rate. And so in one of the largest cities in America, visionary counselors, law school dropouts, aspiring rock musicians, retired football players, oil industry executives, and church leaders came together to build the world’s largest peer-driven youth and family recovery community.
- Independently filmed over the course of two years, GENERATION FOUND takes an unprecedented and intimate look at how a system of treatment centers, sober high schools, alternative peer groups, and collegiate recovery programs can exist in concert to intervene early and provide a real and tested long-term alternative to the “War on Drugs.” It is not only a deeply personal story, but one with real-world utility for communities struggling with addiction worldwide.
- Mario calls out America and encourages them to take awareness efforts, like Generation Found, mainstream and explains why efforts like these can help save our next generation**
- Screen the film in your hometown now
- Share your story
- Find youth recovery resources
- Take action now
“The film Generation Found masterfully portrays the story of a youth-focused recovery revolution that could profoundly reshape the future of addiction, addiction treatment, and addiction recovery in the United States. This landmark film will serve as a dynamic catalyst for community education and mobilization. Organizing recovery support systems within high schools and collegiate communities is one of the most important developments within America’s response to alcohol and other drug problems among adolescents and young adults. Generation Found beautifully conveys how such systems of support are transforming one American community. I commend this film to everyone concerned about the future of young people in America.” – Bill White
Episode Call to Action:
SHARE YOUR STORY with us and speak about the issues you most care about. When #WeAllRiseTogether we make a huge difference throughout the world!
Share Your Story Now
TEXT “RISE” TO 44144
About Anthony Alvarado
Rise & Grind Recovery Radio is brought to you by Anthony Alvarado; who is a person in long-term recovery and recognized as a national speaker, writer, and one of the leading voices in the recovery movement.
Since 2013, he has traveled over 100,000 miles with the Rise Together team; where they have spoken to over 120,000 young people on mental health and addiction. Today they are continuing to encourage thousands of students to talk about the issues they care most about.
Now, he looks to invite conversation from all over the nation to help show the world that recovery is amazing and so is life when you discover your talents, passion, and purpose. This radio podcast is for the entire community because we need YOU to help change the world.