Episode 8 Feature Interview
This week’s interview is with Michael King- National Outreach Director at Facing Addiction
“I envision a day where all of us can tell our stories of recovery free of judgment and stigma. I see no better way than for 100,000 of us to join together and in unison show that this disease is preventable, treatable and that we can and do get better.” –Michael King
Sponsor Shout Out
Big thank you to all of the families out there that have been supporting Rise & Grind. Thank you for not only helping to sponsor our recovery radio show but more importantly for helping to give a voice to the ones that we have lost or for those that are still struggling today. Anyone else that wants to support these efforts, please contact us now. We need your help sponsoring this show. Together our voices are stronger!
Key Topics of Discussion
- Can you give us a brief background of the work and your role with Facing Addiction?
- How has Facing Addiction played a role in the release of the Surgeon General Report?
- How is this a historical event in American history?
- How is Facing Addiction uniting to face America’s health crisis?
- What are some parts of your organizations specific and achievable action plan that will help turn the tide against addiction? Address shame & save lives?
- How can people get involved?
“The Surgeon General report emphasizes work in these areas: prevention, treatment, recovery, the neurobiology of addiction and access to health systems. With your help, we’ll not only fulfill the mission of his report, we’ll fully constitute our specific and achievable action plan. It’s time to turn the tide against addiction. Erase the Shame. Save Lives. End the Crisis.”
- How we respond to the addiction crisis is a moral test of America
- Prevention works. Treatment is effective. Recovery is possible for everyone.
- Early intervention can prevent addiction and save lives.
Facing Addiction encourages you to…Do your part. Help eliminate the health crisis ripping apart 1 in 3 American households –
- Take Action @ facingaddiction.org
- Facing Addiction Over Dinner – The dinner table is an important family focal point in your home. Learn how you can address the issue of drugs and alcohol; we make it painless for you.
- Need Immediate Support? There are services in your community that can help you—right now. Visit the treatment locator service provided by SAMHSA.
Episode Call to Action:
SHARE YOUR STORY with us and speak about the issues you most care about. When #WeAllRiseTogether we make a huge difference throughout the world!
About Anthony Alvarado
Rise & Grind Recovery Radio is brought to you by Anthony Alvarado; who is a person in long-term recovery and recognized as a national speaker, writer, and one of the leading voices in the recovery movement.
Since 2013, he has traveled over 100,000 miles with the Rise Together team; where they have spoken to over 120,000 young people on mental health and addiction. Today they are continuing to encourage thousands of students to talk about the issues they care most about.
Now, he looks to invite conversation from all over the nation to help show the world that recovery is amazing and so is life when you discover your talents, passion, and purpose. This radio podcast is for the entire community because we need YOU to help change the world.