Mon, January 27, 2014
Signs You Need More Sleep
If eight hours of sleep a night is nothing more than a dream, you may be sufferng from a sleep deficit.
Five signs you need more sleep, according to Prevention magazine:
1. Simple decisions stump you.
You have trouble making the simplest decisions - such as what to make for dinner or which TV show to watch.
2. You're still hungry after eating all day.
When you don't get enough sleep, your body physicaly rebels. Blood sugar levels can be disrupted, which also causes a disruption in two appetite-controlling hormones: leptin, a hormone that curbs your appetite is decreaed, while ghrelin, a hormone that stimulates your appetite, is increased. Your body is seeking a quick pick-me-up so you will crave foods made of simpe carbohydrates and sugars.
3. You keep coming down with colds.
People who are not sleeping enough are more vulnerable to infections and have a weaker immune system than those who are well rested.
4. Weird things make you cry.
If a song on your iPod or a TV commercial can bring you to tears, it's probably not PMS. Too little sleep can leave you emotionally volatile and unable to temper your emotions.
5. You've become a klutz.
Drop things? Trip much? There is scientific evidence that those who are sleep deprived have slower and less precise motor skills, because beng sleepy throws off your balance and depth perception.
- Individual State Wrestling Recap (AUDIO) 7:42am Mar 01
- Badgers Clinch Share of Big Ten Title on Senior Day 6:25pm Feb 28
- Bucks Offense Struggles Again on West Coast Trip 10:52pm
- Appleton United Advances to State 7:42am
- Lakers slip past the Bucks 12:00am Feb 27
- High School Sports Schedule for Friday, February 27th 9:40am
When I talk to Erin Davisson today we'll have to chat about a TV we both watch, Fashion Police, and…
posted by Philcast 1 day ago
Today it's what color is the dress? Yesterday it was Llama Drama. What will tomorrow bring on the Wild West…
posted by Philcast 4 days ago
In 15-years of radio, I may have received one of my favorite press releases ever, today. Tom Neises, one of…
posted by Justin Hull 5 days ago