- Rain records nearly fall on Thanksgiving 1:05pm
- Local stores ready for Small Business Saturday 1:04pm
- Lawmaker wants ignition interlock for 1st OWI 1:03pm
- The Draw opening in Appleton flats 1:02pm
- Study calls for trainers on football sidelines 1:01pm
- Thanksgiving night deals impact Black Friday 5:05am
Mon, January 27, 2014
Signs You Need More Sleep
If eight hours of sleep a night is nothing more than a dream, you may be sufferng from a sleep deficit.
Five signs you need more sleep, according to Prevention magazine:
1. Simple decisions stump you.
You have trouble making the simplest decisions - such as what to make for dinner or which TV show to watch.
2. You're still hungry after eating all day.
When you don't get enough sleep, your body physicaly rebels. Blood sugar levels can be disrupted, which also causes a disruption in two appetite-controlling hormones: leptin, a hormone that curbs your appetite is decreaed, while ghrelin, a hormone that stimulates your appetite, is increased. Your body is seeking a quick pick-me-up so you will crave foods made of simpe carbohydrates and sugars.
3. You keep coming down with colds.
People who are not sleeping enough are more vulnerable to infections and have a weaker immune system than those who are well rested.
4. Weird things make you cry.
If a song on your iPod or a TV commercial can bring you to tears, it's probably not PMS. Too little sleep can leave you emotionally volatile and unable to temper your emotions.
5. You've become a klutz.
Drop things? Trip much? There is scientific evidence that those who are sleep deprived have slower and less precise motor skills, because beng sleepy throws off your balance and depth perception.
- Bears knock off the Packers on Thanksgiving 12:41am Nov 25
- Balanced Scoring Leads Wisconsin Past Prairie View A&M 9:48pm Nov 24
- Marquette tops ASU in OT 9:49pm Nov 23
- Bucks top the Pistons 9:40pm Nov 22
- Badgers Take Down VCU in New York 10:19pm
- Packers Snap 3 Game Losing Streak in Impressive Fashion 8:18pm
Wishing you and yours as happy a Thanksgiving as that turkey is having in the picture. Associate producer "Z-Bart" will…
posted by Philcast 3 days ago
It's that time again.... The Tuesday PhilCast will be a celebration of all things that are my favorite holiday of…
posted by Philcast 4 days ago