Mon, January 27, 2014
Signs You Need More Sleep
If eight hours of sleep a night is nothing more than a dream, you may be sufferng from a sleep deficit.
Five signs you need more sleep, according to Prevention magazine:
1. Simple decisions stump you.
You have trouble making the simplest decisions - such as what to make for dinner or which TV show to watch.
2. You're still hungry after eating all day.
When you don't get enough sleep, your body physicaly rebels. Blood sugar levels can be disrupted, which also causes a disruption in two appetite-controlling hormones: leptin, a hormone that curbs your appetite is decreaed, while ghrelin, a hormone that stimulates your appetite, is increased. Your body is seeking a quick pick-me-up so you will crave foods made of simpe carbohydrates and sugars.
3. You keep coming down with colds.
People who are not sleeping enough are more vulnerable to infections and have a weaker immune system than those who are well rested.
4. Weird things make you cry.
If a song on your iPod or a TV commercial can bring you to tears, it's probably not PMS. Too little sleep can leave you emotionally volatile and unable to temper your emotions.
5. You've become a klutz.
Drop things? Trip much? There is scientific evidence that those who are sleep deprived have slower and less precise motor skills, because beng sleepy throws off your balance and depth perception.
- Little Chute falls in division 4 state football championship 9:33pm
- High School Sports Schedule: Thursday, November 20th 8:03am Nov 19
- #3 Badgers Cruise Past UWGB 84-60 10:55pm
- Bucks drop Nets in 3-OT's 9:07pm
- High School Sports Scores: Tuesday, November 18th 5:46am Nov 18
- Marquette loses on road to Ohio State 9:11pm
Friday, Dec. 12th PhilCast show. LIVE from the Outer Edge Stage in Appleton. 303 Oneida St. No reservations. No tickets…
posted by Philcast 7 hours ago
Ahhhh, one week from today...my favorite holiday of the year! But what's this? Wisconsin has turned up on a national…
posted by Philcast 1 day ago