Wed, January 29, 2014
Fable of the Porcupine
It was the coldest winter ever – many animals died because of the cold. The porcupines, realizing the situation, decided to group together. This way they covered and protected themselves; but the quills of each one wounded their closest companions even though they gave off heat to each other. After awhile they decided to distance themselves one from the other and they began to die, alone and frozen. So they had to make a choice: either accept the quills of their companions or disappear from the Earth. Wisely, they decided to go back to being together. This way they leaned to live with the little wounds that were caused by the close relationship with their companion, but the most important part of it, was the heat that came from the others. This way they were able to survive.
Moral of the Story:
The best relationship is not the one that brings together perfect people, but the best is when each individual learns to live with the imperfections of others and can admire the other person’s good qualities.
- High School Sports Schedule: Friday, November 28th & Saturday, November 29th 7:14am Nov 27
- Golden Eagles edge the Yellow Jackets 10:25pm
- Badgers edge Georgetown in Bahamas 4:56pm
- High School Sports Scores: Wednesday, November 27th 7:07am Nov 26
- Wisconsin rolls past UAB 7:56pm
- High School Sports Scores: Tuesday, November 26th 5:21am
So there it is.... The Christmas tree the city put up in Reading, PA that residents think is so ugly…
posted by Philcast 4 days ago