Mon, November 26, 2012
We need a new name for today
It's "Cyber Monday". I said it last year and I will say it again this year while we still have a Cyber Monday...the term is outdated and we need a new name for this day.
Better yet, just dump it.
It makes no sense.
Cyber Monday was born back in the days when not everyone had a computer in their homes, let alone computers in their hands posing as cell phones.
Back then you had to wait until Monday to use the company's computer to shop instead of work.
It's ridiculous to call it Cyber Monday now based on those origins.
And in fact, I have a story today about how this post-Thanksgiving Monday is going to soon be surpassed by another even bigger on-line shopping day. We'll discuss.
Oh yeah, Pack Yak and that excuse for a football game to go over in the first hour of the PhilCast today with Rich Ratay.
I know it was bad.
I know it was ugly.
I know it will be difficult to narrow this down to just one thing that really bothered you from last night. But I have one thing that really got under my skin. You'll be surprised at what it is too.
- High School Sports Schedule for Friday, January 30th 9:12am
- High School Sports Scores: Thursday, January 29th 6:15am Jan 29
- Bucks roll past Magic; break 10 year losing streak in Orlando 8:22pm
- High School Sports Schedule for Thursday, January 29th 8:00am Jan 28
- Gutierrez Signed to Ten Day Contract by Bucks 10:00am
- High School Sports Scores: Tuesday, January 27th 9:00am
The Media Education Foundation analyzed last year's game, which took three hours and 23 minutes between kickoff and the end…
posted by Philcast 1 day ago
Thursday on the Noon Hour, Ellen Evensen and Melissa Graber from Big Brothers Big Sisters Fox Valley Region joined us.…
posted by Justin Hull 2 days ago