Mon, November 26, 2012
We need a new name for today
It's "Cyber Monday". I said it last year and I will say it again this year while we still have a Cyber Monday...the term is outdated and we need a new name for this day.
Better yet, just dump it.
It makes no sense.
Cyber Monday was born back in the days when not everyone had a computer in their homes, let alone computers in their hands posing as cell phones.
Back then you had to wait until Monday to use the company's computer to shop instead of work.
It's ridiculous to call it Cyber Monday now based on those origins.
And in fact, I have a story today about how this post-Thanksgiving Monday is going to soon be surpassed by another even bigger on-line shopping day. We'll discuss.
Oh yeah, Pack Yak and that excuse for a football game to go over in the first hour of the PhilCast today with Rich Ratay.
I know it was bad.
I know it was ugly.
I know it will be difficult to narrow this down to just one thing that really bothered you from last night. But I have one thing that really got under my skin. You'll be surprised at what it is too.
- High School Sports Schedule: Friday, November 28th & Saturday, November 29th 7:14am Nov 27
- Golden Eagles edge the Yellow Jackets 10:25pm
- Badgers edge Georgetown in Bahamas 4:56pm
- High School Sports Scores: Wednesday, November 27th 7:07am Nov 26
- Wisconsin rolls past UAB 7:56pm
- High School Sports Scores: Tuesday, November 26th 5:21am
Wonderful. Black Friday and it's cold and snowing and feeling more like January than November. Having the day off today…
posted by Philcast 4 hours ago