Mon, November 26, 2012
We need a new name for today
It's "Cyber Monday". I said it last year and I will say it again this year while we still have a Cyber Monday...the term is outdated and we need a new name for this day.
Better yet, just dump it.
It makes no sense.
Cyber Monday was born back in the days when not everyone had a computer in their homes, let alone computers in their hands posing as cell phones.
Back then you had to wait until Monday to use the company's computer to shop instead of work.
It's ridiculous to call it Cyber Monday now based on those origins.
And in fact, I have a story today about how this post-Thanksgiving Monday is going to soon be surpassed by another even bigger on-line shopping day. We'll discuss.
Oh yeah, Pack Yak and that excuse for a football game to go over in the first hour of the PhilCast today with Rich Ratay.
I know it was bad.
I know it was ugly.
I know it will be difficult to narrow this down to just one thing that really bothered you from last night. But I have one thing that really got under my skin. You'll be surprised at what it is too.
- High School Level 2 Football Scores: Friday, October 31st 9:44pm
- High School Sports Schedule: Friday, October 31st & Saturday, November 1st 6:46am
- High School Sports Scores: Thursday, October 30th 4:43am Oct 30
- High School Sports Schedule: Thursay, October 30th 5:50am Oct 29
- Bucks stung by Hornets in OT of season opener 9:04pm Oct 27
- High School Sports Schedule: Monday, October 27th 9:35am
Happy Halloween Weekend... Since I have the day off Friday to freeze while handing out candy to kids, the Thursday…
posted by Philcast 2 days ago
Coming up on the Wednesday PhilCast show.... We'll play the "Yes or BS" game in the first hour. One lucky…
posted by Philcast 3 days ago