- Brewers come up short in loss to Cardinals 9:28pm
- Team Gasser victorious in Wisconsin's spring football game 5:49pm Apr 24
- 2 teens found in sex trafficking bust 1:05pm
- Walker's group to pay for political travel 1:04pm
- Sheboygan Co. man charged in child's death 1:03pm
- Prof: 'Status quo' for TWC customers 1:02pm
Tue, April 9, 2013
Kaukauna schools finally get it right
So we can now refer to the Kaukauna school bullying story as actual bullying?
I thought that's what it was from the start when I first brought up the story on the PhilCast.
I'm still not sure what the initial news conference we covered on the show was supposed to be all about. Remember at the time the district trying to explain it away?
It came off to me as the district basically saying this wasn't actual bullying the dad posted about on Facebook....it was just some rough play in gym class.
Now a turnabout....with Sup. Mark Duerwaechter saying there was indeed bullying involved.
After updating the school board last night, he now says it's been a very difficult matter for the families and the school district. He says they'll use the experience to make the district a better one.
That's the bottom line here....addressing an issue and trying to come up with ways to help make the situation better for the kids....not dodging an issue....which that whole initial news conference sure smelled of to me.
Duerwaechter now says he hopes to start a student assistance program that would reach out to victims of bullying and also students with alcohol or drug problems.
Kudos on that....and I am sure the dad involved in the original story must be feeling better about the whole thing now after the admission by the school system that his kid was indeed bullied.
- Brewers defeat the Cardinals 4:28pm Apr 25
- Bucks down Bulls in Game 4 on Bayless GW 7:49pm Apr 24
- Brewers Shut Out Again, fall to 3-14 10:32pm
- No. 9 Kimberly blanks No. 10 Hortonville 10-0 (AUDIO) 9:40am
- High School Sports Schedule for Friday, April 24th 9:32am
- High School Sports Scores: Thursday, April 23rd 7:17am
I'll discuss on the show.... The bacon-wrapped, deep-fried Oreo...It's a thing. Question is, would you eat it? At least try…
posted by Philcast 6 days ago
"Dishwasher Safe" usually refers to dishes that can go into your dishwasher. In this case, I have a list of…
posted by Philcast 7 days ago