Wed, June 4, 2014
Mr. Doty Island wanted what?
So this is the guy who has an island named after him in Neenah.
Meet James Doty.
I bring him up on the show today because as it turns out he wanted our beloved state of Wisconsin to be spelled very differently than it is now.
And I bring THAT up because of a new segment on the PhilCast that will open the Wednesday show.
It's something called, "The Name Game", when I give you a list of my wife's latest pet peeve; Goofy spellings of names or just goofy names outright.
See the how it all goes together with Doty here now?
He had some bizarre French spelling of Wisconsin that he was obsessed with.
- High School Sports Schedule for Tuesday, February 9th 6:58am
- High School Sports Scores: Monday, February 8th 6:45am Feb 08
- Favre elected to Hall of Fame 6:59am Feb 06
- #5 Xavier Too Much For Marquette 1:48pm Feb 05
- Bucks Lose Heartbreaker in Utah 11:56pm
- High School Sports Schedule for Friday, February 5th 9:21am
It's Weigh-In Wednesday Week Five, and if you go into the Tub Club we now have a special sound effect…
posted by Philcast 7 hours ago
It's the doughnut of the day on Fat Tuesday, but most people do not even come close to properly pronouncing…
posted by Philcast 1 day ago