Wed, June 4, 2014
Mr. Doty Island wanted what?
So this is the guy who has an island named after him in Neenah.
Meet James Doty.
I bring him up on the show today because as it turns out he wanted our beloved state of Wisconsin to be spelled very differently than it is now.
And I bring THAT up because of a new segment on the PhilCast that will open the Wednesday show.
It's something called, "The Name Game", when I give you a list of my wife's latest pet peeve; Goofy spellings of names or just goofy names outright.
See the how it all goes together with Doty here now?
He had some bizarre French spelling of Wisconsin that he was obsessed with.
- High School Sports Schedule for Thursday, January 29th 8:00am Jan 28
- Gutierrez Signed to Ten Day Contract by Bucks 10:00am
- High School Sports Scores: Tuesday, January 27th 9:00am Jan 27
- Governor Walker Supports "Jock Tax" to Help Fund New Milwaukee Arena 10:54am
- High School Sports Schedule for Tuesday, January 27th 8:41am
- High School Sports Scores: Monday, January 27th 6:11am
Thursday on the Noon Hour, Ellen Evensen and Melissa Graber from Big Brothers Big Sisters Fox Valley Region joined us.…
posted by Justin Hull 4 hours ago
That picture pretty much sums up how I feel about this year's Super Bowl. My Pack Yak co-host Rich Ratay…
posted by Philcast 11 hours ago