Wed, June 4, 2014
Mr. Doty Island wanted what?
So this is the guy who has an island named after him in Neenah.
Meet James Doty.
I bring him up on the show today because as it turns out he wanted our beloved state of Wisconsin to be spelled very differently than it is now.
And I bring THAT up because of a new segment on the PhilCast that will open the Wednesday show.
It's something called, "The Name Game", when I give you a list of my wife's latest pet peeve; Goofy spellings of names or just goofy names outright.
See the how it all goes together with Doty here now?
He had some bizarre French spelling of Wisconsin that he was obsessed with.
- High School Football Scores: October 9, 2015 9:39pm
- High School Sports Scores: Thursday, October 8th 7:10am
- Area high school football schedule - Friday, October 9th 6:28am Oct 07
- Packers sign Gaston to practice squad 6:48am Oct 06
- McCarthy reacts to Philbin news 6:50am Oct 04
- Packers head to 4-0 7:05pm
No, really. An Irish wake hearse car show is one of the things we'll be talking about during Friday's award-winning…
posted by Philcast 1 day ago
Houston over Indy Kansas City over Chicago Cincinnati over Seattle Atlanta over Washington Tampa Bay over Jacksonville Philadelphia over New…
posted by Justin Hull 2 days ago