Wed, June 4, 2014
Mr. Doty Island wanted what?
So this is the guy who has an island named after him in Neenah.
Meet James Doty.
I bring him up on the show today because as it turns out he wanted our beloved state of Wisconsin to be spelled very differently than it is now.
And I bring THAT up because of a new segment on the PhilCast that will open the Wednesday show.
It's something called, "The Name Game", when I give you a list of my wife's latest pet peeve; Goofy spellings of names or just goofy names outright.
See the how it all goes together with Doty here now?
He had some bizarre French spelling of Wisconsin that he was obsessed with.
- Short handed Bucks fall to Trail Blazers 11:36pm
- High School Sports Scores: Tuesday, December 16th 5:46am Dec 16
- A Very Impressive Debut for Marquette's Luke Fischer 10:51pm
- High School Sports Schedule: Tuesday, December 16th 8:59am
- High School Sports Scores: Monday, December 15th 5:43am Dec 15
- Bucks steal win at buzzer in Phoenix 11:28pm
Do the terrorists win if they don't show this movie? Do the terrorists win if you don't go see this…
posted by Philcast 1 day ago
The picture of the standing ovation from the packed house says it all. It was a standing ovation kind of…
posted by Philcast 5 days ago