Gallardo and Brewers Defense Shine in Pittsburgh!
Yovani Gallardo pitched 7 scoreless innings and Francisco Rodriguez earned his 1st four out save since 2011 as the Milwaukee Brewers shut out the Pittsburgh Pirates 1-0 Sunday afternoon at PNC Park. The Brewers defense was outstanding, Ryan Braun threw out Neil Walker at home in the 1st inning and Jean Segura saved a run in the 9th inning with a diving stop at shortstop. And Rodriguez earned his 19th save of the season when Carlos Gomez made a nice running catch to end the game. With the win, Gallardo is now 4-4 on the season and the Brewers are 38-26 in 2014. The Brewers only had 4 hits on the day with Jonathan Lucroy getting three of those hits. Lucroy scored the only run in the 7th on a Aramis Ramirez RBI Ground Out. The Brewers will have the day off on Monday before beginning a three game series in New York versus the Mets.
posted : June, 8th by WSCO
- High School Level 2 Football Scores: Friday, October 31st 9:44pm
- High School Sports Schedule: Friday, October 31st & Saturday, November 1st 6:46am
- High School Sports Scores: Thursday, October 30th 4:43am Oct 30
- High School Sports Schedule: Thursay, October 30th 5:50am Oct 29
- Bucks stung by Hornets in OT of season opener 9:04pm Oct 27
- High School Sports Schedule: Monday, October 27th 9:35am
Happy Halloween Weekend... Since I have the day off Friday to freeze while handing out candy to kids, the Thursday…
posted by Philcast 1 day ago
Coming up on the Wednesday PhilCast show.... We'll play the "Yes or BS" game in the first hour. One lucky…
posted by Philcast 2 days ago