- G.B. captain accepts Appleton chief position 1:05pm
- Agreement reached on Kimberly project 1:04pm
- DNR changing deer registration next year 1:03pm
- Police ask hunters to watch for missing man 1:02pm
- Sen. Johnson reacts to Obama immigration action 1:01pm
- Cost of Thanksgiving dinner slighlty higher 1:00pm
State Baseball begins today
The WIAA Spring Baseball State Tournament opens this morning at Fox Cities Stadium.
Kimberly (19-7) is back in the Division 1 field for the first time since 2010. They will take on Hartford (7-15) in the final quarterfinal today about 3:30 PM. Kimberly/Hartford is the second game of the afternoon session. The afternoon gets underway at 1:00 PM with Middleton (21-8) and Wilmot (22-3).
Today's action opens at 8:00 AM with what most are calling the game of the tournament. Two-time defending Champion Sun Prarie (24-5) locks up with Stevens Point (26-2). Both teams have spent time this year as the #1 team in the state in the WisSports.net. The 2nd quarterfinal features Bay Port (22-6) and Janesville Parker (22-5) around 10:30 AM.
Today's quarterfinal winners will play tonight in the semifinals. The early winners at 6:00 PM followed by the late winners about 8:00 PM.
Wednesday, the Division 2, 3, and 4 semifinals will take the field. All four championship games are scheduled for Thursday.
posted : June, 17th by WSCO
- No. 3 Badgers too much for Boise St. 11:52pm
- Badgers knock off the Hawkeyes 6:28pm
- Marquette suffers loss to Nebraska-Omaha 3:43pm Nov 20
- Little Chute falls in division 4 state football championship 9:33pm
- High School Sports Schedule: Thursday, November 20th 8:03am Nov 19
- #3 Badgers Cruise Past UWGB 84-60 10:55pm
Yes, it's a rare SATURDAY blog posting here from me. I'm up early on a Saturday in late November, and…
posted by Philcast 1 day ago
Friday, Dec. 12th PhilCast show. LIVE from the Outer Edge Stage in Appleton. 303 Oneida St. No reservations. No tickets…
posted by Philcast 2 days ago