- G.B. captain accepts Appleton chief position 1:05pm
- Agreement reached on Kimberly project 1:04pm
- DNR changing deer registration next year 1:03pm
- Police ask hunters to watch for missing man 1:02pm
- Sen. Johnson reacts to Obama immigration action 1:01pm
- Cost of Thanksgiving dinner slighlty higher 1:00pm
Rattlers fall in playoff opener
The Wisconsin Timber Rattlers opened the 2014 Midwest League Playoffs with a 7-3 loss to Kane County Wednesday night. The Cougars hold a 1-0 lead in the best of three opening round series.
Mike Olt's 3-run 5th inning homer broke the game open for Kane County. Olt is on a rehab assignment with the Cougars, an affiliate of the Chicago Cubs.
Jen-Ho Tseng tossed 6-innings of 2-hit baseball for he Cougars to earn the win while Rattlers starter Clint Terry surrendered 5-runs in 5-innings for the loss.
David Denson homered in the loss for the Rattlers.
Game two is tonight at Kane County. Wisconsin needs a win to force a game three which would be Friday, same location. Rattlers send Preston Gainey against the Cougars Duane Underwood. First pitch is 6pm central.
Elsewhere around the Midwest League Playoffs:
Lake County over South Bend 6-2
Fort Wayne over West Michigan 7-5
Burlington over Cedar Rapids 2-0
posted : September, 4th by WSCO
- Packers Nip Vikings in Minnesota 3:53pm Nov 22
- No. 3 Badgers too much for Boise St. 11:52pm
- Badgers knock off the Hawkeyes 6:28pm
- Marquette suffers loss to Nebraska-Omaha 3:43pm Nov 20
- Little Chute falls in division 4 state football championship 9:33pm
- High School Sports Schedule: Thursday, November 20th 8:03am
Yes, it's a rare SATURDAY blog posting here from me. I'm up early on a Saturday in late November, and…
posted by Philcast 1 day ago
Friday, Dec. 12th PhilCast show. LIVE from the Outer Edge Stage in Appleton. 303 Oneida St. No reservations. No tickets…
posted by Philcast 2 days ago