Rattlers fall in playoff opener
The Wisconsin Timber Rattlers opened the 2014 Midwest League Playoffs with a 7-3 loss to Kane County Wednesday night. The Cougars hold a 1-0 lead in the best of three opening round series.
Mike Olt's 3-run 5th inning homer broke the game open for Kane County. Olt is on a rehab assignment with the Cougars, an affiliate of the Chicago Cubs.
Jen-Ho Tseng tossed 6-innings of 2-hit baseball for he Cougars to earn the win while Rattlers starter Clint Terry surrendered 5-runs in 5-innings for the loss.
David Denson homered in the loss for the Rattlers.
Game two is tonight at Kane County. Wisconsin needs a win to force a game three which would be Friday, same location. Rattlers send Preston Gainey against the Cougars Duane Underwood. First pitch is 6pm central.
Elsewhere around the Midwest League Playoffs:
Lake County over South Bend 6-2
Fort Wayne over West Michigan 7-5
Burlington over Cedar Rapids 2-0
posted : September, 4th by WSCO
- Wainwright Shuts Out Brewers 2-0 10:25pm
- High School Sports Scores: Tuesday, September 16th 6:50am Sep 16
- Brewers win in extra innings 11:22pm
- High School Sports Schedule: Tuesday, September 16th 8:16am
- High School Sports Scores: Monday, September 15th 5:40am Sep 15
- High School Sports Schedule: Monday, September 15th 7:14am
Samantha Schroth of Greenville suffered a paralyzing injury in a freak accident while at a cottage in northwestern Minnesota…
posted by Assignment Fox Cities Blog 1 day ago
CLICK HERE to see more info about next year's "Festa Cianciola" PhilCast listener trip. We announced the trip on the…
posted by Philcast 2 days ago