Rattlers fall in playoff opener
The Wisconsin Timber Rattlers opened the 2014 Midwest League Playoffs with a 7-3 loss to Kane County Wednesday night. The Cougars hold a 1-0 lead in the best of three opening round series.
Mike Olt's 3-run 5th inning homer broke the game open for Kane County. Olt is on a rehab assignment with the Cougars, an affiliate of the Chicago Cubs.
Jen-Ho Tseng tossed 6-innings of 2-hit baseball for he Cougars to earn the win while Rattlers starter Clint Terry surrendered 5-runs in 5-innings for the loss.
David Denson homered in the loss for the Rattlers.
Game two is tonight at Kane County. Wisconsin needs a win to force a game three which would be Friday, same location. Rattlers send Preston Gainey against the Cougars Duane Underwood. First pitch is 6pm central.
Elsewhere around the Midwest League Playoffs:
Lake County over South Bend 6-2
Fort Wayne over West Michigan 7-5
Burlington over Cedar Rapids 2-0
posted : September, 4th by WSCO
- High School Sports Scores: Monday, September 29th 6:26am Sep 29
- High School Sports Scheudle: Monday, September 29th 8:38am
- High School Sports Scores: Weekend, September 26th & 27th 5:51am Sep 28
- Packers Offense Bounces Back and Crush the Bears 6:01pm
- Brewers fall to Cubs to finish 2014 season 4:43pm Sep 27
- Brewers slip past the Cubs 9:18pm
I don't get it. So this couple sits through really poor service and rewards the server with a $100.00 tip…
posted by Philcast 1 day ago
Heroin has been a drug of choice in northeastern Wisconsin, but there's evidence methamphetamine is making a comeback. MEG…
posted by Assignment Fox Cities Blog 2 days ago