Gallardo and Brewers Defense Shine in Pittsburgh!
Yovani Gallardo pitched 7 scoreless innings and Francisco Rodriguez earned his 1st four out save since 2011 as the Milwaukee Brewers shut out the Pittsburgh Pirates 1-0 Sunday afternoon at PNC Park. The Brewers defense was outstanding, Ryan Braun threw out Neil Walker at home in the 1st inning and Jean Segura saved a run in the 9th inning with a diving stop at shortstop. And Rodriguez earned his 19th save of the season when Carlos Gomez made a nice running catch to end the game. With the win, Gallardo is now 4-4 on the season and the Brewers are 38-26 in 2014. The Brewers only had 4 hits on the day with Jonathan Lucroy getting three of those hits. Lucroy scored the only run in the 7th on a Aramis Ramirez RBI Ground Out. The Brewers will have the day off on Monday before beginning a three game series in New York versus the Mets. News Talk 1150-WHBY will have the pre-game show at 5:35pm and first pitch at 6:10pm. Marco Estrada gets the start for the Brewers.
posted : June, 8th by WHBY
- High School Sports Schedule: Tuesday, September 23rd 10:00am
- High School Sports Scores: Monday, September 22nd 5:31am Sep 22
- High School Sports Schedule: Monday, September 22nd 8:45am
- Quesnell, Smith win Fox Cities Marathon 7:26am
- High School Sports Scores: Friday, September 19th & Saturday, September 20th 6:45am Sep 21
- Packers Offense Struggles lose to Detroit 19-7 4:38pm
No, you're not seeing things that are not there. No, the photo has not been doctored. Yes, she has three…
posted by Philcast 11 hours ago
The Woodward Radio/United Way car wash is coming up this Wednesday at the Woodward Radio Ranch! 8a-5p--swing in to our…
posted by Daves Blog 1 day ago