- G.B. captain accepts Appleton chief position 1:05pm
- Agreement reached on Kimberly project 1:04pm
- DNR changing deer registration next year 1:03pm
- Police ask hunters to watch for missing man 1:02pm
- Sen. Johnson reacts to Obama immigration action 1:01pm
- Cost of Thanksgiving dinner slighlty higher 1:00pm
Brewers host Reds, lead in Central gone (SPORTS)
A big series in the National League Central opens Monday night in Milwaukee as the first place Milwaukee Brewers (54-45) host the fourth place Cincinnati Reds (51-47).
The Brewers had a 6 ½ game lead in the National League Central heading into July, but a stretch of 13-losses in their last 16-games has caused that to disappear. Milwaukee enters tonight tied with the St. Louis Cardinals (54-45) on top of the division.
The Pittsburgh Pirates (52-46) have vaulted into third in the division, 1 ½ games out, after sweeping three from Colorado over the weekend. The Reds were swept by the Yankees this weekend and fell to fourth despite being just 2 ½ games out of first.
Cincinnati has owned Milwaukee so far in 2014. The Reds have taken seven of ten so far with nine more games remaining the rest of the season. Here are the pitching probable:
Monday – 7:10 First Pitch, 6:35 pregame on 1150 WHBY
Milwaukee: Wily Peralta (10-6, 3.72 ERA)
Cincinnati: Mat Latos (2-1, 2.79 ERA)
Tuesday – 7:10 First Pitch, 6:35 pregame on 1150 WHBY
Milwaukee: Jimmy Nelson (1-1, 5.40 ERA)
Cincinnati: Homer Bailey (8-5, 4.21 ERA)
Wednesday - 1:10 First Pitch, 12:35 pregame on 1150 WHBY
Milwaukee Kyle Lohse (10-4, 3.16 ERA)
Cincinnati: Mike Leake (7-8, 3.63 ERA)
As the Brewers and Reds take the field Monday, Pittsburgh opens a three-game series with the L.A Dodgers while St. Louis is off before a quick two-game set with Tampa Bay begins Tuesday.
posted : July, 21st by WHBY
- No. 3 Badgers too much for Boise St. 11:52pm
- Badgers knock off the Hawkeyes 6:28pm
- Marquette suffers loss to Nebraska-Omaha 3:43pm Nov 20
- Little Chute falls in division 4 state football championship 9:33pm
- High School Sports Schedule: Thursday, November 20th 8:03am Nov 19
- #3 Badgers Cruise Past UWGB 84-60 10:55pm
Yes, it's a rare SATURDAY blog posting here from me. I'm up early on a Saturday in late November, and…
posted by Philcast 1 day ago
Friday, Dec. 12th PhilCast show. LIVE from the Outer Edge Stage in Appleton. 303 Oneida St. No reservations. No tickets…
posted by Philcast 2 days ago