- G.B. captain accepts Appleton chief position 1:05pm
- Agreement reached on Kimberly project 1:04pm
- DNR changing deer registration next year 1:03pm
- Police ask hunters to watch for missing man 1:02pm
- Sen. Johnson reacts to Obama immigration action 1:01pm
- Cost of Thanksgiving dinner slighlty higher 1:00pm
Menard’s chase hopes take a hit (SPORTS)
Heading into Indy last weekend, Eau Claire’s Paul Menard was in the top sixteen, which would earn him a spot in this year’s Chase for the Championship. A tough run Sunday now has Menard on the outside looking in.
Menard finished 34th at the Brickyard 400, and for the first time in a while is out of the top 16. His tough day dropped him to 18th place in the standings with 6 to go before the Chase begins.
This year, NASCAR expanded their chase format to include 16 drivers, compared to 12 the previous few years. The first spots go to drivers that won a race in the first 26-races and are in the top-30 in points. From there, the remaining spots go to the top drivers in points without a win.
Menard currently has 551-points, 8-points behind Austin Dillon who occupies the 16th and final spot in the chase. If he wants to make his first career Chase for the Championship, Menard will have some work to do in the final weeks.
The easiest way to get into the Chase, win a race. If not, Menard will have to revert back how he was driving before this weekend.
posted : July, 28th by WHBY
- No. 3 Badgers too much for Boise St. 11:52pm
- Badgers knock off the Hawkeyes 6:28pm
- Marquette suffers loss to Nebraska-Omaha 3:43pm Nov 20
- Little Chute falls in division 4 state football championship 9:33pm
- High School Sports Schedule: Thursday, November 20th 8:03am Nov 19
- #3 Badgers Cruise Past UWGB 84-60 10:55pm
Yes, it's a rare SATURDAY blog posting here from me. I'm up early on a Saturday in late November, and…
posted by Philcast 1 day ago
Friday, Dec. 12th PhilCast show. LIVE from the Outer Edge Stage in Appleton. 303 Oneida St. No reservations. No tickets…
posted by Philcast 2 days ago