Menard’s chase hopes take a hit (SPORTS)
Heading into Indy last weekend, Eau Claire’s Paul Menard was in the top sixteen, which would earn him a spot in this year’s Chase for the Championship. A tough run Sunday now has Menard on the outside looking in.
Menard finished 34th at the Brickyard 400, and for the first time in a while is out of the top 16. His tough day dropped him to 18th place in the standings with 6 to go before the Chase begins.
This year, NASCAR expanded their chase format to include 16 drivers, compared to 12 the previous few years. The first spots go to drivers that won a race in the first 26-races and are in the top-30 in points. From there, the remaining spots go to the top drivers in points without a win.
Menard currently has 551-points, 8-points behind Austin Dillon who occupies the 16th and final spot in the chase. If he wants to make his first career Chase for the Championship, Menard will have some work to do in the final weeks.
The easiest way to get into the Chase, win a race. If not, Menard will have to revert back how he was driving before this weekend.
posted : July, 28th by WHBY
- High School Sports Schedule: Thursay, October 30th 5:50am Oct 29
- Bucks stung by Hornets in OT of season opener 9:04pm Oct 27
- High School Sports Schedule: Monday, October 27th 9:35am
- High School Sports Scores: Friday, October 24th & Saturday, October 25th 7:26am
- Week 8 NFL Scoreboard 5:19am Oct 26
- Packers 4 game winning streak ends in New Orleans! 11:16pm
Happy Halloween Weekend... Since I have the day off Friday to freeze while handing out candy to kids, the Thursday…
posted by Philcast 10 hours ago
Coming up on the Wednesday PhilCast show.... We'll play the "Yes or BS" game in the first hour. One lucky…
posted by Philcast 1 day ago