Weather Now:
News » WHBY News
Your Story

Fire damages town of Neenah home

Fire damaged a farmhouse in the town of Neenah this morning.

Investigators believe it was sparked by a hair dryer that was left on a mattress.

The house is east of Highway 76, in the 1400 block of Highway JJ.

Fire Chief Ed King says smoke and flames were coming from the front door, when they got there around 7:15 a.m. He says a first-floor bedroom, and front porch area, are gutted.

King says he believes the fire caused between $50,000 and $60,000 in damage.

posted : August, 6th by WHBY


LATEST BLOGS
So here's "Missy", a cat that I think has used up at least one of those nine lives that people…
posted by Philcast 16 hours ago
3-4 T. flour ½ tsp. salt ¼ tsp. pepper 1-1/2 tsp. dry mustard 1-1/2 to 2 lbs. round steak, cut…
posted by The Good Neighbor 1 day ago
1 box regular yellow cake mix 1 (20 oz.) can cherry pie filling 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple or…
posted by The Good Neighbor 1 day ago