Mon, January 27, 2014
Signs You Need More Sleep
If eight hours of sleep a night is nothing more than a dream, you may be sufferng from a sleep deficit.
Five signs you need more sleep, according to Prevention magazine:
1. Simple decisions stump you.
You have trouble making the simplest decisions - such as what to make for dinner or which TV show to watch.
2. You're still hungry after eating all day.
When you don't get enough sleep, your body physicaly rebels. Blood sugar levels can be disrupted, which also causes a disruption in two appetite-controlling hormones: leptin, a hormone that curbs your appetite is decreaed, while ghrelin, a hormone that stimulates your appetite, is increased. Your body is seeking a quick pick-me-up so you will crave foods made of simpe carbohydrates and sugars.
3. You keep coming down with colds.
People who are not sleeping enough are more vulnerable to infections and have a weaker immune system than those who are well rested.
4. Weird things make you cry.
If a song on your iPod or a TV commercial can bring you to tears, it's probably not PMS. Too little sleep can leave you emotionally volatile and unable to temper your emotions.
5. You've become a klutz.
Drop things? Trip much? There is scientific evidence that those who are sleep deprived have slower and less precise motor skills, because beng sleepy throws off your balance and depth perception.
- Guerra Shuts down the Pirates, Brewers win 3-1 11:00pm Jul 27
- Brewers slammed by Diamondbacks 10:29pm Jul 26
- Gennett Leads Brewers Past D-Backs 10:55pm Jul 25
- Brewers knock off the Diamondbacks 9:48pm Jul 24
- Cubs take Series at Miller Park 5:26pm Jul 23
- Nieuwenhuis and Davies lead Brewers Past the Cubs 10:06pm
The PhilCast comes to you live from the Outagamie County Fair in Seymour, WI on Friday. Remember this little guy…
posted by Philcast 2 days ago
Nice work if you can find it...and especially if you like craft beer. Federal tax dollars funding a job as…
posted by Philcast 3 days ago