- Police see more 'suicide by cop' cases 1:05pm
- Appeals court upholds collective bargaining law 1:04pm
- Court reinstates protester lawsuit against state 1:03pm
- New London church open in time for Easter 1:02pm
- Group gets 40K books for Fox Cities students 1:01pm
- Benefit for injured trooper Saturday, in Kaukauna 1:00pm
Mon, January 27, 2014
Signs You Need More Sleep
If eight hours of sleep a night is nothing more than a dream, you may be sufferng from a sleep deficit.
Five signs you need more sleep, according to Prevention magazine:
1. Simple decisions stump you.
You have trouble making the simplest decisions - such as what to make for dinner or which TV show to watch.
2. You're still hungry after eating all day.
When you don't get enough sleep, your body physicaly rebels. Blood sugar levels can be disrupted, which also causes a disruption in two appetite-controlling hormones: leptin, a hormone that curbs your appetite is decreaed, while ghrelin, a hormone that stimulates your appetite, is increased. Your body is seeking a quick pick-me-up so you will crave foods made of simpe carbohydrates and sugars.
3. You keep coming down with colds.
People who are not sleeping enough are more vulnerable to infections and have a weaker immune system than those who are well rested.
4. Weird things make you cry.
If a song on your iPod or a TV commercial can bring you to tears, it's probably not PMS. Too little sleep can leave you emotionally volatile and unable to temper your emotions.
5. You've become a klutz.
Drop things? Trip much? There is scientific evidence that those who are sleep deprived have slower and less precise motor skills, because beng sleepy throws off your balance and depth perception.
I don't know what Jesus actually looks like, but I imagine him to look just like Robert Powell did in…
posted by Philcast 8 hours ago
CLICK HERE to watch the video. It says it all. I'll be talking about the story of a homeless man,…
posted by Philcast 1 day ago