- Appleton police seek help from private cameras 5:05am
- UW System head confident about budget 5:04am
- Walker: 'Right to work' should be nationwide 5:03am
- ThedaCare teaching kids healthy habits 5:02am Apr 25
- Brewers come up short in loss to Cardinals 9:28pm
- Team Gasser victorious in Wisconsin's spring football game 5:49pm
Mon, January 27, 2014
Signs You Need More Sleep
If eight hours of sleep a night is nothing more than a dream, you may be sufferng from a sleep deficit.
Five signs you need more sleep, according to Prevention magazine:
1. Simple decisions stump you.
You have trouble making the simplest decisions - such as what to make for dinner or which TV show to watch.
2. You're still hungry after eating all day.
When you don't get enough sleep, your body physicaly rebels. Blood sugar levels can be disrupted, which also causes a disruption in two appetite-controlling hormones: leptin, a hormone that curbs your appetite is decreaed, while ghrelin, a hormone that stimulates your appetite, is increased. Your body is seeking a quick pick-me-up so you will crave foods made of simpe carbohydrates and sugars.
3. You keep coming down with colds.
People who are not sleeping enough are more vulnerable to infections and have a weaker immune system than those who are well rested.
4. Weird things make you cry.
If a song on your iPod or a TV commercial can bring you to tears, it's probably not PMS. Too little sleep can leave you emotionally volatile and unable to temper your emotions.
5. You've become a klutz.
Drop things? Trip much? There is scientific evidence that those who are sleep deprived have slower and less precise motor skills, because beng sleepy throws off your balance and depth perception.
- High School Sports Schedule for Monday, April 27th 9:17am Apr 26
- Timber Rattlers sweep Peoria 8:59pm
- Brewers defeat the Cardinals 4:28pm Apr 25
- Bucks down Bulls in Game 4 on Bayless GW 7:49pm Apr 24
- Brewers Shut Out Again, fall to 3-14 10:32pm
- No. 9 Kimberly blanks No. 10 Hortonville 10-0 (AUDIO) 9:40am
I'll discuss on the show.... The bacon-wrapped, deep-fried Oreo...It's a thing. Question is, would you eat it? At least try…
posted by Philcast 6 days ago
"Dishwasher Safe" usually refers to dishes that can go into your dishwasher. In this case, I have a list of…
posted by Philcast 7 days ago