Mon, January 27, 2014
Signs You Need More Sleep
If eight hours of sleep a night is nothing more than a dream, you may be sufferng from a sleep deficit.
Five signs you need more sleep, according to Prevention magazine:
1. Simple decisions stump you.
You have trouble making the simplest decisions - such as what to make for dinner or which TV show to watch.
2. You're still hungry after eating all day.
When you don't get enough sleep, your body physicaly rebels. Blood sugar levels can be disrupted, which also causes a disruption in two appetite-controlling hormones: leptin, a hormone that curbs your appetite is decreaed, while ghrelin, a hormone that stimulates your appetite, is increased. Your body is seeking a quick pick-me-up so you will crave foods made of simpe carbohydrates and sugars.
3. You keep coming down with colds.
People who are not sleeping enough are more vulnerable to infections and have a weaker immune system than those who are well rested.
4. Weird things make you cry.
If a song on your iPod or a TV commercial can bring you to tears, it's probably not PMS. Too little sleep can leave you emotionally volatile and unable to temper your emotions.
5. You've become a klutz.
Drop things? Trip much? There is scientific evidence that those who are sleep deprived have slower and less precise motor skills, because beng sleepy throws off your balance and depth perception.
- Brewers ends losing streak, beat Padres 4-1 10:22pm
- Training camp notes – 08/04/2015 5:49am Aug 03
- Brewers can't handle Padres, lose 13-5 10:19pm Aug 02
- Cubs sweep the Brewers 5:13pm Aug 01
- Home Runs Continue to Hurt Brewers fall to Cubs 4-2 9:34pm Jul 31
- Brewers Offense Continues to Struggle lose to Cubs 4-1 10:35pm
Consumer Reports surveyed 1,003 adults nationwide to find out biggest grumbles and grievances when it comes to dining out. Consumer…
posted by The Good Neighbor 1 hour ago
Mile of Music starts Thursday, but we lean towards Wednesday night as WHBY joins the Mile of Music crew for…
posted by Daves Blog 1 day ago