- Suspect held in 2012 Brown Co. murder case 3:30pm
- Prof: Walker should choose words more carefully 1:05pm
- CVB details competition for expo center 1:04pm
- Event focuses on African-American race relations 1:03pm
- Valley VNA takes new approach to shortage 1:02pm
- Thousands expected at fishing tournament 1:01pm
Mon, November 26, 2012
We need a new name for today
It's "Cyber Monday". I said it last year and I will say it again this year while we still have a Cyber Monday...the term is outdated and we need a new name for this day.
Better yet, just dump it.
It makes no sense.
Cyber Monday was born back in the days when not everyone had a computer in their homes, let alone computers in their hands posing as cell phones.
Back then you had to wait until Monday to use the company's computer to shop instead of work.
It's ridiculous to call it Cyber Monday now based on those origins.
And in fact, I have a story today about how this post-Thanksgiving Monday is going to soon be surpassed by another even bigger on-line shopping day. We'll discuss.
Oh yeah, Pack Yak and that excuse for a football game to go over in the first hour of the PhilCast today with Rich Ratay.
I know it was bad.
I know it was ugly.
I know it will be difficult to narrow this down to just one thing that really bothered you from last night. But I have one thing that really got under my skin. You'll be surprised at what it is too.
- Bucks Offense Struggles Again on West Coast Trip 10:52pm
- Lakers slip past the Bucks 12:00am Feb 27
- High School Sports Schedule for Friday, February 27th 9:40am
- High School Sports Scores: Thursday, February 27th 5:48am Feb 26
- High School Sports Schedule for Thursday, February 26th 5:47am
- Packers Release Hawk 5:38am
Today it's what color is the dress? Yesterday it was Llama Drama. What will tomorrow bring on the Wild West…
posted by Philcast 2 days ago
In 15-years of radio, I may have received one of my favorite press releases ever, today. Tom Neises, one of…
posted by Justin Hull 3 days ago