Wed, June 4, 2014
Mr. Doty Island wanted what?
So this is the guy who has an island named after him in Neenah.
Meet James Doty.
I bring him up on the show today because as it turns out he wanted our beloved state of Wisconsin to be spelled very differently than it is now.
And I bring THAT up because of a new segment on the PhilCast that will open the Wednesday show.
It's something called, "The Name Game", when I give you a list of my wife's latest pet peeve; Goofy spellings of names or just goofy names outright.
See the how it all goes together with Doty here now?
He had some bizarre French spelling of Wisconsin that he was obsessed with.
- High School Sports Schedule for Friday, May 22nd 9:48am
- High School Sports Scores: Thursday, May 21st 6:41am May 21
- Brewers implode in 10-1 loss to Atlanta 9:32pm
- High School Sports Schedule for Thursday, May 21st 9:52am
- High School Sports Scores: Wednesday, May 20th 8:28am May 20
- Brewers fall to the Tigers 9:10pm
I'll open up the Memorial Day Weekend Friday show with a trip down to Indy to talk about the Indy…
posted by Philcast 1 day ago
Here it is... The Tray Typer KFC is trying these out in Germany and they're a big hit. No one…
posted by Philcast 2 days ago