- Assembly panel holding right-to-work hearing 6:05am
- Walker defends natural resources board plan 6:04am
- Big snowfall eludes Appleton, G.B. 6:03am
- Hortonville explores options for library site 6:02am Feb 27
- Suspect held in 2012 Brown Co. murder case 3:30pm
- Prof: Walker should choose words more carefully 1:05pm
Thu, October 11, 2012
PhilCast 1st Anniversary
...and they said it wouldn't last. Wait, who said that?
The PhilCast celebrates its first anniversary today with WHBY. The actual show turns three years old on Monday, October 15th. I remember recording the first show on that date in 2009 because it is also Mrs. Biggest Name's birthday. By doing it that way I was always sure to remember when this whole PhilCast concept took flight.
My first guests on that initial PhilCast back in 2009 were my brothers in broadcasting, Dick Alpert (who still drops in on the show once in a while) and Lips LaBelle, who still joins me every Thursday for his Hollywood news and gossip segment. Hard to find two more quality guys. All three of us had at one time worked under the same radio roof for a long time before being 'let go', a term I have to this day never understood.
That's Alpert back on Oct. 15, 2009, the debut PhilCast show from my basement studio.
Note the makeshift piece of lumber we used because at the time we didn't even have enough microphone stands for three people.
The PhilCast Family was born on that day, made up of a base of fans that had followed and supported me from the airwaves to the podcast world and now of course, back to the airwaves thanks to Woodward Radio.
And there's Lips helping to decorate the first PhilCast studio Christmas tree that first year.
We even recorded a special "Andy Williams-esque" Christmas show that year.
Now the PhilCast has added a whole new group of radio listeners to the family from throughout the Fox Valley.
I've been blessed to have some incredibly talented people placed around me as well, starting with PhilCast Executive Producer Reggie, who 'brings it' each and every day.
Most importantly on this anniversary day I want to thank each and every one of you who make the PhilCast a part of your day. Your support and loyalty means the world to me.
Happy Anniversary To Us!
- Individual State Wrestling Recap (AUDIO) 7:42am Mar 01
- Badgers Clinch Share of Big Ten Title on Senior Day 6:25pm Feb 28
- Bucks Offense Struggles Again on West Coast Trip 10:52pm
- Appleton United Advances to State 7:42am
- Lakers slip past the Bucks 12:00am Feb 27
- High School Sports Schedule for Friday, February 27th 9:40am
When I talk to Erin Davisson today we'll have to chat about a TV we both watch, Fashion Police, and…
posted by Philcast 12 minutes ago
Today it's what color is the dress? Yesterday it was Llama Drama. What will tomorrow bring on the Wild West…
posted by Philcast 3 days ago
In 15-years of radio, I may have received one of my favorite press releases ever, today. Tom Neises, one of…
posted by Justin Hull 4 days ago