Wed, June 4, 2014
Mr. Doty Island wanted what?
So this is the guy who has an island named after him in Neenah.
Meet James Doty.
I bring him up on the show today because as it turns out he wanted our beloved state of Wisconsin to be spelled very differently than it is now.
And I bring THAT up because of a new segment on the PhilCast that will open the Wednesday show.
It's something called, "The Name Game", when I give you a list of my wife's latest pet peeve; Goofy spellings of names or just goofy names outright.
See the how it all goes together with Doty here now?
He had some bizarre French spelling of Wisconsin that he was obsessed with.
- High School Sports Schedule for Friday, April 17th 9:33am
- High School Sports Scores: Thursday, April 16th 6:11am Apr 16
- Brewers shut out 3:42pm
- High School Sports Schedule for Thursday, April 16th 8:44am
- Darner introduced as Green Bay's men's basketball coach (AUDIO) 6:45am Apr 15
- Bucks bounced by Celtics 9:32pm
The PhilCast closes shop for the week a half-hour early Friday for Brewers' baseball on HBY. But we'll still be…
posted by Philcast 1 day ago
That's the descripton of the Thursday PhilCast. Afternoon Brewers' baseball on WHBY should end at 4:00-ish and then the PhilCast…
posted by Philcast 2 days ago