Wed, June 4, 2014
Mr. Doty Island wanted what?
So this is the guy who has an island named after him in Neenah.
Meet James Doty.
I bring him up on the show today because as it turns out he wanted our beloved state of Wisconsin to be spelled very differently than it is now.
And I bring THAT up because of a new segment on the PhilCast that will open the Wednesday show.
It's something called, "The Name Game", when I give you a list of my wife's latest pet peeve; Goofy spellings of names or just goofy names outright.
See the how it all goes together with Doty here now?
He had some bizarre French spelling of Wisconsin that he was obsessed with.
- High School Sports Schedule: Thursday, May 28th 7:12am
- High School Sports Results: Thursday, May 28th 5:48am May 27
- Brewers swept at home, lose to Giants 3-1 3:41pm
- Appleton North hires new Boy's Soccer Coach 7:40am
- High School Sports Schedule: Wednesday, May 27th 7:14am
- High School Sports Results: Tuesday, May 26th 5:51am
Today, May 28th, is National Hamburger Day. That can only mean one thing; We need some place to deliver some…
posted by Philcast 1 day ago
These individual little cakes are amazing and ready to eat in one minute! Ingredients: 1 box Angel Food Cake mix…
posted by The Good Neighbor 3 days ago