Wed, June 4, 2014
Mr. Doty Island wanted what?
So this is the guy who has an island named after him in Neenah.
Meet James Doty.
I bring him up on the show today because as it turns out he wanted our beloved state of Wisconsin to be spelled very differently than it is now.
And I bring THAT up because of a new segment on the PhilCast that will open the Wednesday show.
It's something called, "The Name Game", when I give you a list of my wife's latest pet peeve; Goofy spellings of names or just goofy names outright.
See the how it all goes together with Doty here now?
He had some bizarre French spelling of Wisconsin that he was obsessed with.
- High School Sports Scores: Weekend, October 18th & October 19th 6:14am
- Week 7 NFL Scoreboard 5:18am Oct 19
- Rodgers and Packers Crush the Panthers 38-17 5:55pm Oct 18
- High School Football Playoff Pairings 3:15pm
- High School Sports Schedule: Saturday, October 18th 7:25am
- High School Football Playoff: Groupings 6:41am
Ebola. Make up your minds. That's the trouble with Ebola....at least when it comes to the whiners in this country.…
posted by Philcast 3 days ago
Maybe I should have seen this one coming. Hey Menasha, stop the madness! So now the next great historical building…
posted by Philcast 4 days ago