A family whose son died after being stung by a bee is backing a bill that would allow businesses and organizations to have EpiPens on hand.
Three years ago, 18-year-old Dillon Mueller went into anaphylactic shock after being stung and died a week later. His parents think he would still be alive if an EpiPen was available.
Since then a law was passed allowing trained businesses and organizations to have and administer EpiPens in an emergency, but the law excludes trained individuals.
State Rep. Andre Jaque..wants to change that. The Republican from De Pere is pushing a bill called Dillon's Law, which would allow anyone trained on how to use an EpiPen to purchase and administer the life-saving drug.