“The Rise & Grind Recovery Podcast is brought to you by Anthony Alvarado; a national speaker and creative change maker. We feature stories of recovery, advocacy, and invite anyone who is passionate about making a difference in their community. We work together to offer you tips and pointers on how to live a happy and healthier life.”
Support our recovery radio show through Patreon!
We feature stories of recovery, advocacy, and invite anyone who is passionate about making a difference in their community. People are even using this as a resource for those who are struggling and for those who want to learn how to actively get involved”
Episode Snapshot: This week we sit down with Shane Ramer, founder of That Sober Guy Radio. He gives us an opportunity to hear his amazing story of recovery and how asking for help led him to his purpose to speak out. Now he is helping to save people’s lives through a message of strong faith.
Main Topics of Discussion:
- Rise Together announces their national advisory board!
- Can you tell our audience a little background of who you are & whether or not you are in recovery?
- How did you dedicate your time in the addiction recovery community? How does that relate to you starting your own sober podcast?
- Can you share some resources that you have discovered?
- Can you share with us some important lessons you have learned in your life that you think our audience may want to hear? (tips, pointers, practices, helpful habits, important aspects of your life today)
Who is Shane Ramer?
Shane Ramer is the creator & host of ThatSoberGuy.com and Sober Guy Radio. He also works as a corporate media producer with an extensive background in music and production. In September 2013, after a long battle with addiction, Shane checked himself into a 30 day rehab facility, and has remained clean and sober ever since. In 2014 he created Sober Guy Radio, which focuses on sharing personal experience and offering resources to help those struggling and recovering from alcoholism and addiction. That Sober Guy platform continues to grow and provide a solid resource in the recovery community. Shane is married to his wife Jessica of 13 years, and they have a daughter Lucy, son Cash, and live in Northern California
Do you know somebody that may need help from addiction or mental illness?
We want to help those who are suffering from addiction and mental health disorders by providing you some of the best know resources mentioned in this week’s episode and listed below.
If this is an emergency or if you are worried that you or someone you know may be at risk for suicide, please call your local authorities (911).
- Shane passionately shares with us how he found recovery.
- He discusses how he first discovered the power of faith.
- He discusses how he continues to push his recovery forward; even during challenging times.
- Shane discusses what common themes he has discovered over the past 3 years while producing That Sober Guy Podcast.
- He tells us about his new spoken word “I am saved” & his interest in music production and writing.
- Shane shares with our audience a few tips and pointers that may change your life.
Check out all the resources mentioned by visiting Rise Together’s “FIND HELP” section at www.weallrisetogether.org
This week we encourage you to get involved in your community or by supporting us online. In order to make long lasting change, people need to start dedicating their time and resources to the cause’s they most care about.
Check out Shane Ramer’s spoken word video “I Am Saved” for inspiration and hope.
Episode Call to Action:
SHARE YOUR STORY with us and speak about the issues you most care about. When #WeAllRiseTogether we make a huge difference throughout the world!
Join the Rise Together Nation When You
TEXT THE WORD “RISE” TO 44144
About Anthony Alvarado
Rise & Grind Recovery Radio is brought to you by Anthony Alvarado. As a person in long-term recovery, Anthony has a strong desire to change the conversation around addiction and in turn – change the world we live in today. He is the President and Co-Founder of Rise Together, a grassroots organization helping to lead a movement of young people to stand up and speak out on the issues they care most about. Anthony and his organization aim to break the silence around suicide, bullying, mental illness, drugs, and alcohol.
Rise Together’s mission is rapidly spanning the United States. Since September 2013, Anthony has personally traveled over 200,000 miles, taken the stage over 400 times with his team, and educated over 125,000 young adults on addiction and mental health.
Anthony speaks on many different topics but often addresses the need for new creative & innovative solutions that will educate, engage, and empower the young people of today. He shares successful strategies with prevention agencies and school administrators. He has spoken at national conferences as well as state mental health and school conferences.
Now, he has founded Rise & Grind Recovery Radio, where he welcomes guest to engage in conversation around recovery from all over the world.
He is a loving father, son, brother, and friend and spends his free time connecting and conversing with others.